Wednesday, January 29, 2014
941 Sharpe Ave
May 2010 was when I moved to Nashville. I had been searching for places to live before I moved down here. A friend of mine put me in contact with a guy named Corey Pigg. I had made plans to move in with Corey. My first day in town was the first time we ever met. I moved in that night. The house was an older looking house. It was falling apart but it had so much character. Corey had lived there for a year. Him and I were talking about living there for two months until the end of the lease. We then were going to find a new place together. I fell in love with this house. It had an awesome old style front porch a built in bookshelf in the den and some much other cool things. I talked him into us staying there. We lived there through the summer with a few other random roommates coming and going. In the fall Corey and I both had decided go through a ministry school our church ran. There was some other guys who were going to go through it as well. We decided to let them move in with us. Also in this time we met this guy named Francy. Fracy was from Canada and played in a band. He crashed on our couch at first. The house started with Corey Pigg, David Jolly, Andrew Brostrand, Francy and myself. A brotherhood began to form. We laughed together, cried together, fought together, and cooked together. This was my family. I always wanted to grow up in a house with many siblings. I feel like I finally understood what that felt like. We would have bible studies together and watch family guy together all in the same nights. Andrew and I shared a room. I never understood the depths of Andrews patience and love with me. It is simple I am kinda messy he is not. I would come home sometimes and he would have made my bed and cleaned up my side of the room just because he cared. We would watch red box movies at midnight and go to Kroger to grab snacks. When ministry school was done Andrew moved back to Atlanta. My good friend Kyle from Indiana moved in with us. Andrew moved back in a couple months later. We made a couple makeshift bed rooms out of our den and laundry room haha. We would have party's on a porch and have big hangouts. That house was many things for me but first it was a home then it was family. I loved my year in that house. But those guys they are my brothers they will always be my brothers. As the past few years have gone by we aren't always as close but we will always have that bond. And we will always have the memories of the time we spend living in the old falling apart, no heat house that is 941 sharpe ave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment