This is my first posting on a blog in a really long time. I use to write everyday but stopped over a year ago. I guess I will start this first blog off with a brief summary of myself. I am 24 years old I live in Nashville Tennessee. Smokers Abbey is where a work. It is a quaint beautiful cigar shop in East Nashville. It isn't just a job it is a home. I have had more laughs shed tears listened to stories and watched football games that I don't want to watch than any other job I have ever had. The shop is ran by two of my closest friends which is a beautiful thing and at times a difficult thing just because we have to separate the business minded ness out of our friendship sometimes. They are two of the most incredible beautifully spirited people men I know. Chris has been like an older brother to me for the past four years. He is filled with so much life and beauty. Josh is a guy who to some can be intimidating but I see him as caring loving man who has a very very tender heart. I am sorry I could talk about my job forever but I will save that for other posts.
I am starting this blog to tell stories from my life may they be from the past or as they are happening write in front of me. I have walked through many things in my life and I just want to share my experience with the world so it may hope to anyone who reads it.
The reason behind the name of the blog is because I am obsessed with the nautical life. I know it is a trendy thing right now in our culture but seriously have loved it since I was young. I was never a big reader when I was little but the books I could get lost in were tales of the sea. In the third grade I had been reading the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. When I got to his book The Voyage of the Dawn Treader I was hooked. The next year I picked up Moby Dick, Robinson Cursoe, and Treasure Island. I see a lot of the events in my life like the stories I read as a kid. Maybe journey to overcome evil or a journey to find and kill the prized whale or maybe I am stranded on a dessert island or sailing for treasure. I experience storms and I experience the thrill of adventure or even just hope for the day because l didn't crash upon the rocks. I want to tell you my stories and the good days and the bad days. My heart is to share these stories to help you on your journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment