Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Closing Time

I am closing tonight at the shop. Closing is one of my favorite times to work. Simply because I can blast music while I close. Some nights I love playing bands from high school. Some nights I love playing some jazz. A confession I have is some nights when I play jazz,I sit on the couch and imagine myself sitting in a jazz club in the 1920s. Everything is so elegant and clean cut. No technology or Social media to distract me from having a great night listing to jazz. It takes me to another world. Music makes sense to me I can close my eyes and go back in time. Last night I was playing some Thrice and I was 13 again not a care in the world. Music has been my language for so long I get so lost in it. Today my patient dear friend Jade started to help me with my grammar and my English skills. I am horrible with this stuff because for so long  I didn't care how my words where communicated. I was embarrassed at first because we were working out of a English work book for fourth graders. But I don't really care I want to understand English like I understand music if that makes any sense. I want to get this, I want to be able to clearly communicate my words and have people understand me. So I will listen to Thrice and work on my fourth grade home work. Maybe someday I will be able to write a sentence without some one correcting me. But even if not the one thing no one can take from me is music and where it takes me when I close.

No comments:

Post a Comment